HW: Swindon

Ian Abrahams ian at ABRAHAMSI.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Nov 4 13:19:26 EST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <DASLUD at AOL.COM>

> << And, I've got to say, Assassins of Allah...didn't need it. A nervous
groan

> went around the hall when it was introduced (though this prompted DB to
talk

> about its relevance) and although it went down well (middle section was
>
> very good)...to be honest I still think it's inappropriate at the moment
and

> very tired.
>
>  >>

> ...and what did mr. brock say regarding "its relevance"?
> "relevant" to who? and for why?
>
> I'd concur with what you say. "inaproriate" and "tired"

Dave's comment was that Bob Calvert had written the song over 20 years ago
about dollars & oil and it's still going on today (that's the jist of it).
Actually, that doesn't make it relevant, does it? Unless you want to get
into conspiracy theories, and that's *not* my glass of Coke, thanks...

But, hate to be be negative...still a fantastic gig

Ian