what is going on?

Moonglum . sjyoules at VISTO.COM
Mon Nov 5 02:58:49 EST 2001

Colm,

Nik or some nominee of his has just registered the domain name
hawkwind.co.uk, this is why going to that address shows you all this nik
turner stuff.

To me, this is the crux of the problem with Mr. Turner.  I agree that the
way to respond to his release of substandard CD's is not to buy them.  But
registering that domain name, playing as XHawkwind, claiming the moral high
ground with protestations that "hawkwind/hawkestra is supposed to be about
love and peace" - there's one big problem with all of this.  Nik is not
Hawkwind, he's not in Hawkwind, he doesn't own the name Hawkwind, and
somebody else is, is and does.

Nik should be perfectly free to make money from his music, but this ought
to be under his own name rather than masquerading as Hawkwind.  ICU is not
my cup of tea but plenty of people like that stuff, it was Nik's band, and
I can't see any reason why he shouldn't sail under that perfectly
respectable flag.

Steve