HW: Swindon

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Nov 5 10:11:44 EST 2001

Alice writes:

> > Dave's comment was that Bob Calvert had written the song over 20
> > years ago about dollars & oil and it's still going on today (that's
> > the jist of it).  Actually, that doesn't make it relevant, does it?
> > Unless you want to get into conspiracy theories, and that's *not* my
> > glass of Coke, thanks...

Come on. Osama Bin Laden thinks he's Hassan Ibn Sabha to the extent that
Mohammed Atta is described as having tied a red sash around his head
during the capture of the plane. That was the trademark of one of the
Hashishin on an assasination run.

Keep in the mountains. Check. Obscure Islamic sect. Check. Connections
in the Saudi royal family. Check. Reward in paradise. Check.
Infiltration and assasination politics. Check.

> I agree with Dave Brock on this.  It's really relevant today.  And a
> great song!

Yep. Keep it in the set at all costs.

FoFP