HW: Swindon

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Nov 5 10:24:38 EST 2001

mark cotton writes:

> I agree with you, Alice, too.  I wonder how many people would be
> burning their copies of 'Urban Guerilla' if Saturday's car-bomb had
> fully detonated in Birmingham.  And also, I haven't noticed the
> coilition going into NI yet.

Don't kid yourself. On 11/9/01 an American diplomat turned to Gerry
Adams and told him the game had changed: Americans wouldn't be
supporting terrorism any longer and if they didn't disarm, they'd be an
illegal organisation in the US before they could say "United Ireland".
The IRA finally started disarmament purely because of this.

Blair has also earned enough brownie points from Bush that it's a cert
that the Real IRA and Continuity IRA will be on Ashcroft's list of
proscribed terrorist organisations.

FoFP