HW: Swindon

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Nov 5 10:53:59 EST 2001

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:11:44 GMT, M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> wrote:

>Come on. Osama Bin Laden thinks he's Hassan Ibn Sabha

But I rather doubt he feeds his followers hashish to keep them on-message.

I don't think there's any argument that the song is eerily relevant to
current events. The real question is whether or not one feels comfortable
partying on down to it at HW gigs. Is it a worthwhile comment on what's
going on, or does it trivialise matters? That's a personal, subjective
thing, and I have to say I felt rather uncomfortable when the song was
played at the RFH. Perhaps , as I mentioned elsehwere, the dickhead behind
me who kept shouting out "Saddam bin Davey!" had already put me on edge.

Having said all that, I'm still glad to have the storming new live version
on Yule Ritual, as up to now there hasn't been a really good live version
released IMHO.

NM