OFF: Mogwai and Tortoise?

Beautiful Foot beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 5 16:36:53 EST 2001

> I'll have to check this one (MNL...) out.  I agree that TNT is ok, but
> nothing that special.

Yeah, if I hadn't thought so highly of the first two releases, I would never
have bought the second two.
To me they sound a little like this:
If the first two albums are like AC/DC's Highway to Hell then the 2nd two
albums are like the Carpenters covering AC/DC's Highway to Hell.  A little
to clever, a little too well-produced, maybe just a little too nice.

> I mean, inventive and original
> bands like this should play to more than 400 people, but that'll never
> happen, and these 400 people should also be going to see bands that I
think
> are even more inventive and original.  Instead of 50.

Well, then make with the suggestions of recordings to find (live underground
music doesn't really happen here in Belfast).