OFF: Motorhead/On Parole

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Mon Nov 5 18:04:59 EST 2001

>>As a Motorhead fan, I've always reckoned that On Parole is possibly the
>>best album of all.

>It's my favorite, but that's probably largely 'cause I'm a huge Wallis/Pink
>Fairies fan.

For me it's always been a tossup between On Parole and Another Perfect Day -
and in both cases it's because of the guitarwork. I like Fast Eddie as well,
I think he tends to be a bit underrated, every MH release with him on it is
a classic - but the 2 albums that bookend the 'golden years' lineup manage
to add a little something to the sound that just make them stand out. I got
flak for championing APD when it came out, but I stood by it then (and now)
- its a shame Brian didn't manage to stay longer with the band.

>>Where do I get the remaster?  Is it a Virgin/HMV/Our Price
>>job?  I've got redundancy money to spend (although not very much!)

Its available at CDNOW as a 2001 release (and very cheap too!) you can get
it for a lot less than I did, when it was only available as an import from
EMI Italy a few years back.

Stephan