HW: Swindon

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Nov 5 19:51:06 EST 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 00:26:42 +0000, David Blair
<drb.serendipity at NTLWORLD.COM> wrote:
>In article <Tuh7FFAd8x57EwNn at hermit0.demon.co.uk>, Nick Medford
><nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK> writes
>>In message <NAEDIJPDFOIPJFDHKIAJEELACDAA.novadrive at home.com
>>>, KevinSommers <novadrive at HOME.COM> writes
>>>How about the from the "Live In Space 1990: The Never Ending Story Of The
>>>Psychedelic Warlords" version?
>
>IMO that's a fairly weak version.

There's also a near-identical version of "Hassah i Sahba" on 'California
Brainstorm' (basically the same set as 'Live in Space 1990', but slightly
different tracklist).  Of COURSE you'd expect me to point that out ...

>My favourites are Reading 86 and the 1977 live one on Weird 5.

Even better than the '77 version on Weird 5 is the '78 version on the 'Live
at the Bottom Line' LP (IMO).  It had replaced "Reefer Madness" as the set
opener by then, and it starts with a great spacy synth/violin intro before
breaking into a blistering version of the song.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com