OFF: UFO/Mick Bolton

Z E Itgeist stuart.hamilton at SCOTTISH.PARLIAMENT.UK
Tue Nov 6 09:26:12 EST 2001

Don't know where he is now, but in his own words;
"It was just something that happened at the time, different directions
y'know. It's so long ago now it's difficult to remember. But err...we just
didn't get on professionally, particularly with Phil I think it was. I
don't think he got on especially well with anyone, he could be something of
a fiery chap. So that's basically what happened, and then I went to work
for a music store in west London. I remember the management at the time
were "Oh we're relaunching the band, could you come back?" and all this and
I just said "No, I've had enough of that lot!" and I just didn't want to
know. I think I'd just been married and had a child and what have you, so
they got the guy in from Pink fairies, Larry?"

He quit the music business, started playing in pub bands and to quote the
man himself;

"Yea, I did guitars for UFO in 1982 and then worked for Michael Schenker in
83 and 84. When a pal of mine Steve Casey was working for Michael he said
that they needed a hand. Michael was huge around then, particularly in
Europe and Japan."

how about this then, -  why did they really get rid of Bolton?  and why did
he disappear off the map?  is he around today?? got an e-mail?  I wish to
kiss up.