HW: A. Davey "Final Call"

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Nov 6 17:07:29 EST 2001

>         Speaking of which, what's holding up _As Above So Below_
>*now*? Anyone know, in the absence of Mr Gilham?

Yeah: basically Alan/Ali & Co. aren't very sussed out, so it's taking
some time.

There was the huge gaff with the cover art of course, and I think
they're off printing up a cover using the "remix" of the art Andy
Gilham rescued from the depths of Microsoft Publisher (or some
ridiculous "art" package like that over which the printing people
completely threw up their hands when faced with), and tweaked away
all the bits that would have been commercial suicide in the wake of
11 Sept, and turned into a TIFF file that the printers could handle.

There's no record deal or anything, it's just going to be what they
can sell at gigs, through independent distributors, etc.  It was
going to be sold through the Web site, but the Web site is rather
adrift at the moment since the good Mr. Gilham isn't terribly
motivated to have anything to do with it (unsurprisingly).

However, I will say that the rough mix I heard of the album was
fucking good (and the MP3 which I think is still on the Web site is
drawn from that) and I will definitely buy it when I know for sure
that it exists :)

Cheers,
Carl

--