HW: Social Convenor - assistance required

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Nov 7 18:53:04 EST 2001

I'll be in Torquay.   There are, to the best of my recall, dozens of
pubs in Torquay but I don't know any of them!    The main street is
called the Strand but I don't think it has any good pubs.  A quick
search of Yell.com with reference to a streetmap of Torquay suggests the
following might be the easiest to find.   Victoria Parade runs alongside
the harbour a few hundred yards/meters (whatever) east of the Princess
Theatre so it's not too far away.    No idea what the place is like
though.    Any locals around who can advise?     Meet there about 7pm
unless anyone has a better idea?

The Strand Bar
3, Victoria Parade
Torquay Devon TQ1 2BB