HW: Domain Names - Short Sharp Shock

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Nov 9 15:59:22 EST 2001

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 12:27:53 +0000, Jonathan Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>        Well, I think you have the top four all right :-) I make it
>something quite like this. including guests as well as members because I
>can't be bothered trying to draw a line:
>
>1. Dave Brock, 31 years or so

[ ... fascinating list snipped ... ]

>        So there you have it. There are lots of other ways to calculate
>this but most of them (writing credits, number of albums, whatever) will

You caught my post from a few weeks back which listed bandmembers by number
of gigs?  (Except for Dave, Nik, Simons H & K, Harvey, Huw, Alan &
Richard 'cause I can't count that high!  Interesting that everyone in that
group is in the current lineup except Simon K [retired], Nik [estranged] &
Harvey[?])

>show that Dave is the man, though writing credits will drop Nik and Lemmy
>through the floor compared to some, even Ron again. It's interesting how
>many legendary Hawk-figures (Alan Powell struck me) are so low compared to
>later upstarts who just weren't as busy or as prominent, having got in
>after it because of it being by then Dave's band and everyone else of
>lesser importance.

Counting by number of gigs was really interesting, since it skews "amount
of involvement" towards earlier members - Thom Crimble & Dave Anderson, for
instance, played nearly as many gigs in a year (or less) as Ron did in
nearly five years with the band.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com