HW: Test-tube Conceived

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Nov 9 20:22:19 EST 2001

>I've somehow aquired Bob reading some poetry and some early(?) demos of
>tracks I've not heard of before, like Isadora, fascism/futurism, a weird
>version of Steppenwolf and some truely excellent other tracks....
>Anyone know when they were recorded?

I'm sure someone will have better answers to these questions, but I can tell
you that Voiceprint did officially release the 'Revenge' EP which is four of
these old Calvert tunes from the mid-70s, I'll guess 1976-77.  The
Steppenwolf and Morpheus bit are from Adrian Wagner's 'Distances Between Us'
LP from c. 1974 (?).  So it's actually the original version of Steppenwolf.
What you probably have is a dub of the boot CD that was made on that Lone
Wolf label in Scandinavia four or five years ago.  And if so, the audio
quality of the four Revenge tracks is nowhere as good as on the official
Voiceprint disc - I did a comparison once.

Grakkl (FAA)