HW: Sanctuary

Jez Dacombe Jeremy at DACOMBE.FSNET.CO.UK
Sat Nov 10 17:20:56 EST 2001

Hi,
At Birmingham the band were trimmed down to just 5 !
Just Dave, Alan, Huw, Simon & Richard.
Fully expected Jerry & Ron not to be present.
Half expected Tim to be there.
Surprised at Keith & Jez' absence ...
But such is life in the HW camp.
A pretty consistant heavy set with first hearings of Brainbox, Watcher & Spiral (for me).
I felt they lost their way a tad during the instrumental breaks of Levitation & Angels, but other than that it was pretty intense.
I believe that the reason for the band playing so late was that initially this was going to be an all-dayer (if memory serves me correctly). I reckon it was then "converted" to a standard gig, but that they kept all the acts on the bill which resulted in HW taking the stage at 23:05.
I walked in to see some guy doing a solo spot in his underpants (doing a support act, I mean!)
I then had the misfortune to catch a "band" called PCM (I think).
Zion Train were next who were well received and quite enjoyable, but like Roger, at 10:00 I was wishing they'd vacate the stage for HW.
Anyway, suitably impressed to consider the trip down to Cardiff on Friday to hear it all again.
Catch 'em whilst you can!
Jez