OFF: UFO/Mick Bolton (my final biopsy)/Motorhead

Sun Nov 11 19:09:43 EST 2001

hey - we've got one copy of this UFO thing left on the shelf if anyone needs
it in a hurry.
Bedouin album here on Tuesday - I, for one, am excited.........
Andy G.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Z E Itgeist" <stuart.hamilton at SCOTTISH.PARLIAMENT.UK>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: OFF: UFO/Mick Bolton (my final biopsy)/Motorhead

> "VARIOUS ARTISTS - Only U.F.O. Can Rock Me: A Tribute To U.F.O.
> (Deadline)
> UFO holds a special place in the hearts of many the world over but in
> the UK the band has near god-like status so it is fitting that the cream
> of the British crop of Metal-heads and Hard-Rockers should come together
> on this TRIBUTE.
> For the most part the songs stay well within the recognizable confines
> of the original with a liberty taken here and there for variety.  The
> singers chosen for this disc must all belong to the greater UFO fan club
> because each nails their vocal perfectly.  Doogie White (RAINBOW) is dead
> on for "Too Hot to Handle" without trying to sound like Phil Mogg while
> Lea Hart (FASTWAY) had me checking to see if it was actually Mogg singing
> on "Lights Out."  Paul DiAnno (IRON MAIDEN + KILLERS) shreds up a version
> of "Shoot Shoot" making the song his own property and the furthest of the
> bunch away from the template.Bernie Shaw (URIAH HEEP) stretches his pipes
around a blazing version of "Natural Thing" which also features the hottest
guitar on the whole disc.  There are performances here that go well beyond
mere tribute to blatant idolatry with no weak link in the twelve-song chain.
> Other featured artists on this tribute are; Phil Campbell (MOTORHEAD),
Steve Grimmett (GRIM REAPER), Jem Davis (UFO + FM), Pete Jupp (Samson +
> FM), Ian Nash, Bernie Torme (GILLAN), Mick White (SAMSON), Nicky Moore
> (MAMMOTH + SAMSON), Steve Overland (FM), Bob Skeat (WISHBONE ASH), Bill
> Liesegang, Cliff Evans (TANK + KILLERS) and Ray Callcut.
> If you are a fan of UFO then you will find this tribute both respectful
> and exciting and if you have a penchant for tribute albums this will
> certainly be among the best in your collection.
> TRACK LISTING:  Long Gone, We Belong to the Night, Only you Can Rock Me,
> Too Hot to Handle, Love to Love, Shoot Shoot, Doctor Doctor, Natural
Thing, Let it Roll, Lights Out, Let it Rain, Rock Bottom."

> Buy it at;
> http://www.101cd.com/orev01.asp?title=6064312&s=1151
>
> On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 13:31:16 EST, Robert C. Mayo <RMayo19761 at AOL.COM>
wrote:

> >In a message dated 11/9/2001 10:58:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> >deltawave at METRONET.COM writes:
> >

> >> When I was at the store I saw a tribute CD to UFO that included members
of
> >> Motorhead, and or Motorhead itself.....anyone know about this???
good??