I can get smug here!

Babylon Hythe dave.bunn at NTLWORLD.COM
Mon Nov 12 14:19:37 EST 2001

Hello All,
            It turns out that I seem to be the only person on the list that
knows who the mystery Grob is! (Snortwind member found on a tape at Andy G’
s)
            I used to not only DJ with him in a collective called Brainbox
Pollution (we did festivals, Benefits, Concerts etc) but I also used to
share a house with him when I was at college in the East End of London. His
real name is Graham Robinson (hence Grob, it was a nickname given to him
inadvertently by a teacher that couldn’t read his name on an essay) He
is/was a driving member of the “the Dub Sound of I-Shen” (damn good dub in
the tradition of the Mad Professor) We also used to run the Boston Roadhouse
together, (a concert hall in Tufnell Park, North London) I was the manager,
he was the chap that booked groups.
            He also appears on the fairly obscure Imperial Pompadours LP,
playing (brace yourselves) an inflatable rubber chicken.
            I am surprised that no one else knows him or is aware of him on
this list, he is a hardcore HW fan, and has a VAST collection. (and I do
honestly mean vast, 15 years ago his entire collection was a named item on
the household contents insurance and valued at way over £1000 – I cant
remember the true figure. His non HW material took over most of the rest of
the house)
            Sorry about the delay in getting this to the list, but I was a
tad behind with the HW mails, I read nearly 1000 over the weekend! Which
brings to one or 2 points:
1) Space patrol by Gerry Anderson was called Space Precinct actually.
            2) In the crap 80’s group argument/discussion (which I don’t
want to start again, but
) why did no one mention Black Lace?

            Dave

            PS, The Hawkwind webring and the Space Rock Awareness webring
both need more sites to sign up, if your website vaguely fits in with either
then please join up, details at my (not yet finished) site at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dave.bunn/index.htm