HW: Laser's Edge/EMI-Remaster CD's

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Nov 13 06:15:45 EST 2001

On 13 Nov 2001, at 0:11, Chuck Rosenberg wrote:

> A little query: When you buy albums such as these, which I assume
> aren't used or promo/cut-outs (though I could be wrong there)...from a
> legimate store/dealer such as Laser's Edge...do the "composers", even
> with the discs marked down so drastically, still get royalties?

Good question.  It depends upon the contract.  Some musos have
to allow the label to distribute promo records without royalties.  But
get this--some contracts make the musos actually foot the bill for
the promo records that are then given away!  Nobody makes a buck
from a major label deal--except the label, of course...

theo