HW: brief note - Glasgow and Edinburgh

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Nov 14 06:01:38 EST 2001

Just to say that this is a very tight, together and unremittingly loud
Hawkwind!    Glasgow was good and the Glaswegians were mightily
impressed - one guy staggering past stopped in front of me - raised his
fist towards my face and then, just as I feared the worst, stuck his
thumb up and said in the thickest Glasgow accent I ever heard "this is a
fucking great band".   There was, however, far too much distortion (I
mean high pitched white noise fuzz) being generated by the speakers for
me to fully appreciate the sound there though and I thought the gig was
very good but not spectacular in way that something *extra* should grab
you in the perfect gig.    However Edinburgh was much better.   Somehow
the sound seemed to come together really well and pulled you through the
set.   I'd been really afraid the Liquid Rooms wouldn't be able to cope
since the previous time they played there it was a disaster but this
time it was excellent and standing behind the mixing desk was near
perfect!   Huw's guitar got lost occasionally and they came on stage
lateish in Edinburgh (about 9pm) which meant everyone was standing
around a bit since Mr. Qimby and co. didn't turn up but they played
Spirit of the Age as part of the encore which made up for it!

Set list was the same as previous but with no Ejection in the encore in
either Glasgow or Edinburgh and the addition of Spirit of the Age at
Edinburgh.   I'm told that Keith Kniveton will be joining them from
Cardiff onwards.

cheers
jill