OFF: Meteor City deal

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Nov 14 10:34:26 EST 2001

Hey there...

meteorcity.com is offering some freebies for anyone who buys $50 of regular
merchandise.  From the list below, I'd recommend the three that I already
have (caveat on availability given below also)...

Datura - Visions for the Celestial CD
Mandragora Lightshow Society - Beyond the Mushroom Gate CD
Novadriver - Void CD

Just an FYI.  Anybody recommend any of the others?  Not that I should be
blowing another 50 bucks on discs at the moment, given that I just put
orders into Cranium and the 3-fer-25 quid (x2) to Voiceprint UK (80 cents
for an overseas letter these days?!), but you know....

Grakkl (FAA)

ObCD: Motorhead - Anudder Purrfect Day

P.S.  On the 'The Raven that Ate the Moon' CD (as opposed to the song by the
same title on another CD), the aforementioned 25 minutes of hell at the end
of the disc is not a song so much as it is a five-second blurb of
circus/carnival music repeated ad nauseum...think 'If you wanna get into it,
you gotta get out of it' for *much* *much* longer.  :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, first off, this isn't a regular "stock update" newsletter. This is a
"store features update" to let you know about these two important
developments at the All That's Heavy Online Music Store on StonerRock.com
(http://www.stonerrock.com/store/ath.asp): FREEBIES ARE BACK & PLAYABLE MP3s
ARE BACK! Please read on for details...

1) PLAYABLE MP3s ARE BACK!! - As you've surely noticed, the "playable" MP3
sound files in the store have been offline for a while due to technical
difficulties on our end. Well we finally got those all sorted out and the
playable MP3s are back! I know there are at least a few people out there
that have been waiting patiently for this helpful feature to come back so
that they can start shopping with us again - so now's your chance:
http://www.stonerrock.com/store/ath.asp

2) FREEBIES ARE BACK!!! - Once again we're giving away freebies with orders
over $50.00! A complete listing of available freebies can be found at the
bottom of this email and full details of this new "freebies offer" can be
found at this link: http://www.stonerrock.com/store/freebies.asp - ...We're
hoping that this new freebies offer will encourage our current customers to
place more orders and those that haven't ordered from us before to become
new customers. It's the sales from our All That's Heavy Online Music Store
that keep ALL of StonerRock.com online for everyone. Sales have been very
slow since the tragic events of September 11th and things are looking quite
dire lately. Please show your support for everything we do here at
StonerRock.com by shopping at our All That's Heavy Online Music Store:
http://www.stonerrock.com/store/ath.asp - with the way things are going
recently, we need all the help we can get to keep StonerRock.com and All
That's Heavy online! - Thanks..!
Here's that freebies list I mentioned:

THE FREEBIES LIST!
=================
Freebies are VERY limited (we only have one or two copies of most of these
items to give away so act fast if there is something in particular that you
want to get your hands on...)

CDs, CD EPs and PROMO CDs:
=============================
Acid Mud Flower - Girth CD EP
Acid Mud Flower - Aquarium CD
Avalauncher - Self Titled CD
Bad Wizard - Free and Easy CD
Backdraft - Here To Save You All CD
Beaten Back to Pure - Southern Apocalypse CD
The Blackberry Clouds - Cheap and Down
The Brought Low - Self Titled CD
Coma Void - Storming Twilight CD
Daredevil - Big Block Rock CD
Datura - Visions for the Celestial CD
Dern Rutlidge - Lines on the Table CD EP
Dimmu Borjir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia CD
Dixie Witch - Into the Sun CD
God's Iron Tooth - The Last Vista Session CD
Greenhouse Effect - Blast Shield Down CD
Greenleaf - Revolution Rock PROMO CD
Halfway to Gone - High Five CD
Hobble - Black Massking CD
Knut - Self Titled CD
Low Vibes - Psychic Travel CD
Mandragora Lightshow Society - Beyond the Mushroom Gate CD
Mississippi Sludge - Biscuits and Slavery CD
Monsterous Blues - High Octane CD EP
Novadriver - Void CD
Nunchukka Superfly - There are no Accidents, Only Fuckwits CD
Oversoul - Seven Days in November CD
Payola - For Those Who Know CD
Rollercoaster - High Society CD
Search for Delta 9 - CD EP
Shamen's Ride - Waves CD EP
The Sick - ...And the Hell With It! CD
Sissies - Fixed CD
Smoke Blow - Punkadelic, and the Godfather of Soul CD
Sons of Serro - Demonstration Device DEMO CD
Storm at Sunrise - Garden of Forgotten Ideals CD
V/A - Hymns of the Underground CD
V/A - Sacred Groove CD

7" and 12" Vinyl:
=============================
Electric Frankenstein - Don't Touch Me, I'm Electric 12"
Rickshaw/Trigger - Split 7"
Zerocharisma - Voodoo Science 7"

Again - if you're interested in taking advantage of this freebies offer
please read the details here: http://www.stonerrock.com/store/freebies.asp -
before placing your order.

Thanks for your time,
Dan Beland (AKA El Danno)