BOC: Two videos on VH1 Classic, 13 November

Warrick Bell wjbell at MAIL2.GIS.NET
Wed Nov 14 12:34:14 EST 2001

I just had VH1 classic playing in the background last night, and they had a
Two for Tuesday thing going on.  To my surprise 'Burning for You' started
up, so I knew to stick around to see what was coming after as well.
Having never seen the BfY video before I was kinda freaked out by it.  Buck
looks particularly odd in his gold body suit, and what's with all the
random people wandering around in the background?  Allen was shown playing
guitar through the whole thing even though the track is keys-heavy.  Joe
just looks scary.
Then came the second video, a live one of Reaper, which was labelled as
coming from "Some Enchanted Evening!" (note the exclamation point).  I
haven't seen Live 1976 for a while but I don't think it was edited from
that.  Buck was in white, playing a wooden-bodied guitar, Allen could be
seen in the background playing two keyboards, Eric was off to one side and
I didn't hear an e-bow (only sustain on several slowly ascending notes
where the e-bow would normally be).  Joe looked particularly muscly, very
like in Live 1976.
Anybody else seen these?  I'm wondering how often they're rotated on the
channel so I can try to tape them and thought I'd let people know that BOC
still seems to have a video presence.

W. Bell