BOC: Two videos on VH1 Classic, 13 November

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Nov 14 12:02:29 EST 2001

On 14 Nov 2001, at 12:34, Warrick Bell wrote:

> I just had VH1 classic playing in the background last night, and they
> had a Two for Tuesday thing going on.  To my surprise 'Burning for
> You' started up, so I knew to stick around to see what was coming
> after as well. Having never seen the BfY video before I was kinda
> freaked out by it.  Buck looks particularly odd in his gold body suit,
> and what's with all the random people wandering around in the
> background?

Yes, but the 'Buck Rogers' outfit was standars issue for BD during
those days...

Allen was shown playing guitar through the whole thing
> even though the track is keys-heavy.  Joe just looks scary. Then came
> the second video, a live one of Reaper, which was labelled as coming
> from "Some Enchanted Evening!" (note the exclamation point).  I
> haven't seen Live 1976 for a while but I don't think it was edited
> from that.  Buck was in white, playing a wooden-bodied guitar,

Uh...aren't most guitars made out of wood?  Even the Steinbergers
BD plays today have a wood body, but with a carbon fiber neck...

Allen
> could be seen in the background playing two keyboards, Eric was off to
> one side and I didn't hear an e-bow (only sustain on several slowly
> ascending notes where the e-bow would normally be).

regadrding the e-bow.  BD used one during Godzilla those days,
though I'm not sure if he still does today.  EB indeed did use the e-
bow at the end of DFtR...

theo