HW: Late night in Birmingham

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Wed Nov 14 16:43:43 EST 2001

>"Where I come from, no one smiles
>Every inch exists in miles
>Still it's cool, relaxed and calm
>Sitting here on the funny farm"
>
>Is sung on all the Motorhead versions of the song I've heard (as well as
>the one cover I'm aware of).

Yep, and if you listen to 'The 1999 Party' you will hear that Lemmy was
already singing this verse with Hawkwind in '74. Also, a note on Yule Ritual
- the tracklist really surprised me at first - Flying Doctor, Free Fall,
High Rise - Space is Deep, Damage of Life (with '89 intro no less), Hurry on
Sundown! Then nagging choirs of memory and a search through the archives
reminded me of the fact that the band had solicited requests - so kudos to
Dave for asking at all, to the fans for avoiding the usual suspects, to Dave
again for abiding by the fans' wishes, and especially to the band as a whole
for learning the pieces and doin such a bang-up job with them.

Stephan