OFF: new groups

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Nov 14 16:46:20 EST 2001

>On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 09:29:25PM +0800, Bill & Cynthia wrote:
>> Skye Klad is the only band  listed I've heard of. Never listened to them
>> though.
>
>I wasn't excited by their earlier material that I've heard, but on
>their latest album they do a cover of "Swords of a Thousand Men" that
>absolutely had me jumping around the room.  If it's any indication
>of their current sound, I'll definitely be checking them out.

Well, I don't actually have a copy of Skye Klad's officially-released album,
but rather a CDR copy that I got from Adam himself, who unfortunately seems
to no longer be in the band.  So I can't be sure if what they released was
different from what I have, but there's no 'Swords of a Thousand Men' on my
version, and I don't have any idea what song this is anyway.

It seems from context that you don't have a copy either (since you're
uncertain of their 'current sound'), so where did you hear this track?

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  The one cover tune on Skye Klad's CD (Self-titled? though not their
debut if you count the 'Extreme Vacuum Person' CDEP) is Low's 'Sleep at the
Bottom' which is far more exciting than the one Low CD I own, albeit still a
laidback dreamy piece.