OFF: new groups (and more)

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Nov 14 18:25:36 EST 2001

Dan replies to Si with...

>Ha ha, that's right.  I forgot they share a similar name with another band.
>
>Skye Klad are from Minneapolis, MN USA
>
>> I think You are talking about two different bands guys. The `swords of
>> 1000 men` Skyclad is a UK metal band who have released maybe 10 albums now..
>> Skye Klad are an American band I believe.

Yeah, definitely a different band.  Never heard of Skyclad (UK).  Are they
an original NWOBHM band (considering they have 10 albums or so)?

There's also the Skyclad record/CD label that released Magic Muscle's '100
Miles Below' some time back.  I think they were actually US-based weren't
they?  Are they still around?

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Nice to hear Keith K. is due to be back in the fold....I was worried
there for a moment.  I still wonder about Tim though...even though I imagine
that he has perhaps let the electronic world pass him by (don't really know
for sure how accurate that is), I have always liked his style and his music.
And even though some of the new album is udder rubbish, there a few tracks
there (the ones at the beginning) that I quite like and restore my faith.
And I don't mind his singing really either, even if he has a hard time even
getting the right note.  For me, Huw and Alan are the ones that I have the
hardest time with, although that is very song-specific.  (I see we all agree
that Alan sux rox on "Ejection.")  So what do people think of Alan Powell's
voice?  (Now heard on Nik's 'Transglobal F&R' for the first time that I'm
aware.)

P.P.S.  I don't know if Farflung has ever played in the UK.  I think Tommy
is British, isn't he?  (Or am I completely loopy on that one?  I'm usually
drunk when I've been near enough to hear him speak.)  So I guess maybe he
still has relatives there?  And Farflung and especially Pressurehed have
subdued vocals relative to the music, though on '25,000 Feet Per Second'
(arguably Farflung's greatest work, which I can see others in fact do argue
against) everything is subdued in the mix.  Which really makes it hard to
put a track from this album onto a CDR compilation without any volume control!