HW Changing song titles

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Nov 14 19:24:16 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:23:20 -0500, K Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
>Right...and as has been mentioned many times before, Hawkwind has done this
>by either retitling the tracks, or in some cases retitling the "authors" as
>with MacManus above.  And Mandelkau being used in place of Turner (Kadu
>Flyer) - though someone here suggested that Mandelkau was a real person
>that presumably Nik knew, right?

Yes, Jamie Mandelkau (or maybe Mandelkav) was an associate of the Deviants
and part of the Ladbroke Grove crowd that Hawkwind, Pink Fairies, Magic
Muscle, etc. etc. were involved with.  "Jamie's Song" is named after him,
and he's pictured with the rest of the Deviants posse on the cover
of 'Disposable'.  I wouldn't be surprised if there's a picture of him
somewhere on Phil Frank's website.

Oh, and my trivia question is not a trick one (believe it or not!).  As has
been mentioned, the credits on 'Live Chronicles' are/were entirely correct,
but there's a more recent answer ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com