HW: Liverpool

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Nov 15 11:23:20 EST 2001

Alastair Lee Sumner writes:

> Just a quick hello to Arin, Mike Holmes, Rich Warren and Nick Lee who I met
> at the gig. Good gig, great sound, and I was made up to hear Brainbox
> Pollution. The only downer about the whole night was the group of idiots at
> the front falling into people all the time. I had to go and stand near the
> back. I haven't seen much mention of the topless dancer there, I was
> wondering if she has been at all the gigs or was she just a local
> phenomenon.

Hi Alastair. She reappeared at Newcastle, but not topless on that
occasion.

IMHO the belly dancer was by far the better dancer.

Also at Newcastle Kris appeared on stage to do her fire show, which was
great to see again.

Same setlist as Liverpool: Ejection back in the encore and no Spirit of
the Age. The hall was almost full as far as I could see. I spoke to a
few fellow Scots who'd come down from the Scottish gigs and it's very
much agreed that this is the best Hawkwind have been for quite a while.

That's me back from 5 gigs and I'm completely knackered...

FoFP