HW: Test-tube & Belfast

Steve Pond Steve at DOREMI.CO.UK
Thu Nov 15 11:36:33 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:17:52 EDT, you sent through the ether:

>How about some more details on the SG Deluxe?  Was that the
>model with the controls mounted on a plate on the top of the guitar?
>Is it the one with 'Gibson' engraved on the pickup covers?
>Do you have any online pics of your SGs?

Hi Ted, Yes, it`s the one with the semi circular scratch plate on the front
with the controls on, they came with Bigsbys as standard, but both of mine
have it removed, I like this model (Known in the trade as "The one they got
wrong") because it has an ultra thin heck but a really thick heel, I bend the
neck quite often so I like the extra strength this gives! ..boy would I look
foolish if it snapped off mid gig..

I don`t have any pics online fearing that would be a touch self indulgent..
(hehe) ..but now you've asked you just know I`m going to do it..

My original had standard Gibson PAF humbuckers with no name engraved, I
replaced the bridge one with a Dimarzio super distortion, which sounds great,
the new one came with Dimarzios in it, some folks would have been annoyed
about that, I was happy..

I`ll do an SG page later today, including the bizarre Black one I used on the
QEH album..

-S.