OFF: new groups

Stephen Swann swann at CUGC.ORG
Thu Nov 15 14:24:29 EST 2001

> > Well, I don't actually have a copy of Skye Klad's officially-released
> album,
> > but rather a CDR copy that I got from Adam himself, who unfortunately
> seems
> > to no longer be in the band.  So I can't be sure if what they released was
> > different from what I have, but there's no 'Swords of a Thousand Men' on
> my
> > version, and I don't have any idea what song this is anyway.
>
> I think You are talking about two different bands guys. The `swords of 1000
> men` Skyclad is a UK metal band who have released maybe 10 albums now.. Skye
> Klad are an American band I believe.

You're quite right.  Something about seeing the name in print struck
me as a little odd, but I didn't think much of it, never conceiving
that there might be 2 bands, called "Skyclad" and "Skye Klad".  ;-)

The Brit outfit is the one I was thinking of.  Their earlier material
is a little too "growly" for me, but the song mentioned above is
simply wonderful, and enough to make me want to give them another try.
Anybody who likes Boiled In Lead (paging Carl!) or Metallica's cover of
Newry Highwayman should love it.

No reflection intended on the MN outfit, who as far as I know I have
never heard...!

Steve