HW: Test-tube & Belfast

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Nov 15 15:17:38 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:45:13 -0000, Chris Allen
<beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>Mr. Pond - those recordings are really good, the work involved was
>worth it.
>Just out of interest, what were you using to get that guitar tone?

One of the best examples of Steve's guitar tone can be heard on his
song, "Bigfoot", from 'The Presidents Tapes' (which can, of course, be
downloaded from the ICU website).  Brilliant-sounding solo on that one!
Friends who are NOT guitar nerds (but are avid listeners) have commented on
the amazing guitar tone (and ripping solo) on that tune.

Did ICU ever play that song live?  (Maybe on the final tour w/Nazzer on
bass?)  MAJOR loss if they never did.

>It
>reminds me of the lead guitar tone (Huw Lloyd Langton?) on an HW boot
>I once owned called Utopia 1984.  It's very sinuous.  It reminds me of
>something esle too, but I can't quite place it right now...

Hmmm ... SG through Marshall ... AC/DC maybe? ;^)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com