HW: Test-tube & Belfast

Steve Pond Steve at DOREMI.CO.UK
Thu Nov 15 15:50:59 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:17:38 -0500, you sent through the ether:

>Did ICU ever play that song live?  (Maybe on the final tour w/Nazzer on
>bass?)  MAJOR loss if they never did.

Once.. and I couldn`t sing it for toffee.. total humiliation. and the solo on
the record was a fluke, the engineer accidentally rubbed out the original
solo, so I did that one in 2 mins during mixing.. my favourite solo by me is
the live Quark at the Carlisle gig..

Just incase anyone thinks I`m being bigheaded you have to realise that I don`t
play solo's because I can`t.. I`m rubbish at them.. no, really, it was ok,
when I was the only guitar in ICU because I could do what I wanted, now I
stand next to my Guitar hero Trev & feel completely foolish!

>Hmmm ... SG through Marshall ... AC/DC maybe? ;^)

I think not matey!

Black Sabbath, Alcatraz (The Man offshoot not the US metal band), Brock in the
late 70's, Deke Leonard, and Pete Townshend on Live at Leeds.. :)

-S.