HW: Liverpool

Alastair Lee Sumner als at POSTMASTER.CO.UK
Thu Nov 15 16:27:59 EST 2001

The crowd was decent and there was some room to move around the sides and
at the back, a perfect size really. I think 1997 is the only tour that I've
missed at Liverpool since first seeing them in 1984. I didn't realise that
the Royal Court had had a refit. I think Dave Brock said something about
a 'lick of paint' since they last came. I like the Royal Court but my
favourite gigs were always at the Empire which seemed like a bigger venue
and was seated. Being in the middle of the lasers at one of those gigs was
brilliant, you felt like you were travelling through space. And sell-outs,
they're proving to be a pain in the arse, me, Nick Med and the Fagin need
tickets for Hitchin. Maybe we could disguise ourselves as Hawkwind somehow.

Alastair.