POOLE ARTS CENTRE

Cerberus cerberus at AVON666.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Nov 18 20:24:56 EST 2001

Welcome to the Poole arts centre. Famous for being the smallest venue played
by Page and Plant on their 95 tour.  For that gig the venues seating was
removed for everyone to let go and dance.  Tonight the seats are
back!.....but there is a worse horror to come, its now a no smoking
building! and this even applies backstage as all in the green room are
informed.  No matter, the modern hedonists are prepared for this
eventuality.

A quick check of the merchandise stall reveals the new Tour T-Shirt.   Based
on the cover of Yule Ritual, this is a must-have.  Complete with smaller
image and tour dates on the back, we swear it glows in the dark... though
that could just be us and the way we are at  present.   It was the first
time we had seen the t-shirt artwork concept come to fruition, and the sight
of many audience members peeling off the clothes they had come in and
proudly donning the t-shirt was, for us, one of those ultimately weird but
great trips.  Dave's & Alan's new albums were both on sale(get them now -
they demand your attention)  Copies of Yule Ritual had ran out, but the
poster advertising the tour is a true collectors item.  Also available was
the car sticker that featured on the earlier tour.   Advertised for next
year are Starfield's new single and album.  That's the deal on the
merchandise.

Bedouin: Are tonight's support, and we have to confess we missed it, sorry
about that.

8.00 pm:  And the super stellar attraction that is Hawkwind take the stage.
Right off the bat the sound tonight is of audiophile quality, no kidding,
this really is the sound you want to hear at a Hawkwind concert.......pure,
lucid and transparent.  From the introduction to Lighthouse the seated
audience are transfixed, they are now  in the "Church of Hawkwind".  Each
song receives its applause and then the audience go back into trance  mode,
you could be back in the '70's, only the clouds of dope are missing.  This
particular incarnation of the band gives the music yet another perspective.
Dave, of course, is still the central hub.. if you like, and we still
believe that he is sending out telepathic messages to the rest of the band,
how else could they play this good, the timing and chord changes are superb,
at no time is your trip disturbed by a bum note.  For the encore, Zombie
audience rise from the dead and proceed to gyrate their bodies to the music.
They are touched by the wing of the Hawk and can take it no longer.  Neither
can we, so Salisbury tomorrow night then, hope to see you there.

The red orb is glowing.
G&A