HW: OFF: random thoughts

Guido N. Vacano nycademon at HOME.COM
Thu Nov 22 01:20:37 EST 2001

K Henderson wrote:

>King Crimson is coming to Columbus next week, and I'm wondering if there's
>any great reason to go.  I've never seen the band before in any incarnation,
>and frankly have no clue as to what they've been doing lately.  It seems
>like they have seven different versions doing seven different styles of
>music.  The four guys in the photo are Adrian Belew and Robert Fripp, and
>then two guys I don't really know, although I think one of the guys is Trey
>Gunn, who I don't know from Adam (is he a bassist?).

See them! I saw them Monday at the Paramount Theater in Denver
(actually, the third time I've seen them this year). The other two guys
are Trey Gunn, who plays Warr guitar, and is an excellent musician, and
Pat Mastelotto, a fine drummer who used to play for Mister Mr. (Do I
have that right? Or is it Mr. Mister? :-) ). The show was very heavy,
with extremely good guitar work by all three guitarists. John Paul
Jones' set was a lot of fun too. If you're still not sure, get an MP3 of
"Construcktion of Light" and listen to it. If you like it, go! :-)

Guido