HW: in london

Gesticulates Very Expressively shermarama at YAHOO.CO.UK
Thu Nov 22 14:49:55 EST 2001

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:35:54 -0600, Arin Komins
<akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU> wrote:

>last night (brighton) rocked.  hard.  even if it was packed
>to the gills and I ended up perched on a beer-drop place.

Ah, Brighton happens to be home to unusually large collections of crusties,
squatters, drop-outs, old acid-heads, bikers, hippies, lefty academics and
all points between - if anything I was surprised that I still managed to
get a ticket on the door.

And though I was nearly hounded out of the toilets for being under 30 at
one point, there was a substantial proportion of young people, and I mean
obviously younger than me, so add irritatingly clued-up kids to the list.
Never short on people of all sorts willing to party down here.
Hey, I knew there was a reason I live here...