HW Walthamstow - I think I get in first this time

Colm McWilliams mr_bt at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Sun Nov 25 08:54:03 EST 2001

yes it was a great gig, even better than the RFH in my opinion. Where i was
standing you could hear Huw's playing quite clearly. Before this year I must
admit i was never convinced that of Huw's guitar playing but I am now! I
hope he is planning to stay with hawkwind and isn't just with them for this
tour. The sound engineer whoever he was did a top job. I also caught
hawkwind in cardiff last weekend and the sound was a lot muddier then.
Highlight of the night for me was the watcher, this song gets better
everytime i hear it played live. Could have done with a change in the set
list though, it was the same near enough as cardiff.
Can't wait to the Xmas gig, apparently though Gong is playing the same night
at the Scala in london so i wonder if that will affect the amount of people
that show up to see hawkwind?
BTW where was captain black? I thought he was going to be showing up on the
second leg of the tour?

cheers

colm