HW: ebay Hawklogs

Duc De Montfort mikemontfort at YAHOO.COM
Sun Nov 25 21:21:38 EST 2001

Having discovered that Hawklog 4 was being sold on ebay I reported it.

This was the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1486147634

This was I got in return.

You will see from clicking on the link that Ebay did diddly about it.

This is the closest I can get to informing Dave Brock.

Mike

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello,

Thank you for writing with your concern.

We have reviewed the auction you have brought to our attention and taken
appropriate action.  We would also like to explain eBay's policy with
respect to reports like yours.  eBay is not in a position to make
judgments about the authenticity or authorized nature of auction items,
except in the most extreme circumstances.  This may mean that we cannot
remove the item about which you contacted us.

In some cases, we refer the information to the owner of the rights
(copyright, trademark, etc.) involved, if we know who they are and how
to contact them.  Although you may be extremely knowledgeable about
these types of items, we often cannot remove items upon the
representations of third parties whose credentials we cannot verify,
unless of course the alleged infringement is obvious on its face.

That is why we strongly urge you to notify the rights holder of the
suspected infringement and encourage them to join our Verified Rights
Owners (VeRO) Program.  This program enables them to request the ending
of allegedly infringing auctions.

Thank you for being part of the eBay community.

Regards,

Roscoe
eBay Community Watch