HW Tour: Briefly

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Nov 27 21:29:07 EST 2001

In message <20011127173606.A23682 at telepres.com>, Eric Siegerman
<erics at TELEPRES.COM> writes
>  - As mentioned, Rizz was only there for Walthamstow
>
>> , although I do remember screaming
>> noooooooooooo when Captain Rizz appeared,
>
>What's wrong with a little variety?  Geez!

I think I've finally made up my mind about Rizz. To wit: His dancing is
cool-as-fuck. I realise many will not agree, but I think the way he moves
like a double-jointed psychedelic aerobics instructor is... well, hardly a thing
of beauty, but a remarkable sight nonetheless.  He's easily the best dancer
I've seen on stage with HW (admittedly I never saw Stacia!) He has a good
voice. BUT... his lyrics are dreadful. When he began with his customary cry
of "New Age!!" - suddenly I remembered that I am in fact horribly allergic
to this phrase- it brings me out in a rash of overwhelming cynicism.

On balance I sort of like him. And he must have fairly sizeable balls to be
attempting the whole Rasta-psych crossover thing in the first place.
--
Nick Medford