OFF: "Space Does Not Care" Play-list 11/24

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Nov 28 13:18:00 EST 2001

In message <4e.26d3b6a.2935d631 at aol.com>, Chuck Rosenberg
<Chuckrecs at AOL.COM> writes

>22.Can-- "The Empress and the Ukraine King" (Unlimited Edition; Mute/Spoon)

Never heard this, or anything else after "Landed" (not counting the recent
live 70-75 retrospective, which is superb). Landed is pretty good, but the
conventional wisdom is that things went rapidly downhill thereafter. But-
since I'm aware that conventional wisdom is often a load of dingo's kidneys-
I'd be curious to read opinions on the later Can albums from those in the
know. My local CD emporium has a surprisingly complete Can section right
now and I'm thinking of taking some of it off their hands but I'm a bit wary
of the post-75 releases (already have everything from Monster Movie
through to Landed). Guidance please....
--
Nick Medford