OFF: King Crimson in NYC

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Wed Nov 28 14:22:31 EST 2001

Just to throw my tuppence in, I heartily reccomend everyone to
catch the Crimson show. I was bummed that I couldn't get seats
to the Tool/Crimson tour, but was elated to find them coming
'round again as headliners.

Simply awesome. The power and menace of the Crimson King in
full glory is a thing to behold. The new tracks are purely
breathtaking (that and the bass coming out of Trey & Pat).
The lighting is also stunning, kudos to their stage director.
There is also a only-at-the-shows EP available, Level Five,
all new stuff except for The Konstruction of Light, all
recorded live, but so very cleanly that it sounds like they
were recorded in the studio.

scorch