OFF: "Space Does Not Care" Play-list 11/24

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Nov 28 15:03:18 EST 2001

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:18:00 +0000, Nick Medford <nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK>
wrote:
>In message <4e.26d3b6a.2935d631 at aol.com>, Chuck Rosenberg
><Chuckrecs at AOL.COM> writes
>
>>22.Can-- "The Empress and the Ukraine King"
>>(Unlimited Edition; Mute/Spoon)
>
>Never heard this, or anything else after "Landed" (not counting the recent
>live 70-75 retrospective, which is superb). Landed is pretty good, but the
>conventional wisdom is that things went rapidly downhill thereafter...

It's probably worth pointing out that 'Unlimited Edition' is a compilation
of outtakes (many instrumental) from about '69 to '75 (I think?).  The
track listed above, for instance, is from the Malcolm Mooney era.  A good
thing to have once you own all the "real" albums from that era
(including 'Delay 1968').  As for post-75 Can, I'm not really qualified to
comment ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com