BOC: Mirrors & OFF: Porcupine Tree

Robert C. Mayo RMayo19761 at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 1 16:48:30 EDT 2001

In a message dated 10/1/2001 3:57:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK writes:

> My problem with it is this mostly the production, but also the
> other songs on it, which are quite often only rivalled by `Debbie Denise'
> and `Make Love Not War' for BOC-discount-store schlock

does anyone else out there hear 'youre not the one i was looking for' as a
limp re-write of the cars' 'just what i needed'? am i crazy? the
titles/lyrics even relate, in a boc-ish-ironic way...and the verse riff is a
definite knock-off, as is the music under the chorus! Hmm...
let's blame tom werman

just thinking out loud
bobm