BOC:(more) Lots o' Stuff

Tue Oct 2 15:37:17 EDT 2001

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Scruton, Jason wrote:

> >Hey, has anyone ever done one of those "tree diagrams" showing all the
> >incarnations of BOC and where various members came from or went to?
> Funnily enough, a few years ago I did do that, by combing through the FAQ
> for dates personnel etc. Its actually quite BIG once you throw in the
> numerous drummers the band had in the 90's (like Micelli, Rondinelli,
> Burgi.... huh, I just noticed that odd affinity for a vowel ending)
> I'll see If I can dig it up, clean it off and scan it somewhere. There's
> well over a dozen incarnations of BOC's numerous memberships (including SFG
> and SWU and Oaxaca etc)
> T'would be fun. Would have to update it to include the current tBS lineup
> changes, the Dunaway Smith and Bouchard band, and the Helen Wheels
> BouchardBouchardRoeser co.

        That would be cool. The BOC side of the list lacks the obessional
mania for detail which has driven similar productions on the HW side
(mentioning no names especially not that Jarrett fellow). But if it's to
be found, either you or John are the men for the job :-)

> >"Boorman the Chauffer" is a great example, IMHO.
> If they left it in, S.P. probably would have said something like Boorman was
> Imaginos' brief stint as a limo driver taking some band (The Dave Clark
> Five?) with cosmic significance to the song cycle to an important point in
> history,  like Altamont -- a sort of "simultaneous temporal maneuvering"
> between his role in WWII (whatever that was! :)  ) and the Transmaniacon MC
> which still culminates in whatever Astronomy concludes with. Yeah. uh huh.

        Well, I have to admit until I heard the lyrics I assumed it was an
Imaginos track because I parsed it as Borman, as in Martin, Hitler's
secretary and indeed, I believe, chauffeur. Von Ondine's death, the
original Borman shooting himself, and twenty years later a German
immigrant with a dark past and indeed ancestry is found at the wheel of
the limo as the band in which Imaginos only lives to be born again drives
towards the entrance of the seaweed gate... flanked by the ranked guards
of the Transmaniacon MC, who, their allotted task fulfilled, find
themselves aged and cast aside in ths day of flashing plumage with only
one course of action left for them to take... (oh, I'm sorry, mixed
reference).

> Time to stop drinking Dunkin Donuts Coffee.

        Haha, I was off caffeine for two days before this morning, you
think I could come up with the above under normal circumstances? %-]
Yours,
        Jon

ObCD: Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band - _The Mirror Man Sessions_
--
           Jon Jarrett                     "Two men say they're Jesus,
          (01223 514989)                   One of 'em must be wrong..."