OFF: Pink Fairies/Deviants

Tue Oct 2 19:36:16 EDT 2001

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, ANDREW GARIBALDI wrote:

> Exactly the opposite for me - thought 'Previously Unreleased' is a real
> belter rock mini album and 'Kill 'em' is a real disappointment - ah well,
> that's opinion for you.
> Andy Garibaldi.

        Well, what there _is_ of _Previously Unreleased_ is pretty good,
thoug none of it really grabs me as stand-out stuff apart from `Coming
Back Again' which has a couple of nice rhymes. But it basically goes to
show that Larry-Wallis-by-numbers is pretty damn good and little more, and
it's only six short songs, when we would expect at least one eight minute
epic with massive soloes a la `I Wish I Was a Girl'. By contrast _Kill 'Em
and Eat 'Em has two or three good *songs* on it, even it lacks the energy
and the production sucks all the life out of it. I still wouldn't take
either of them for anything earlier.

        A thought: who is the bit of the Deviants Mick can't bring
over? Adrian Shaw was to play bass; Larry Wallis is presumably one of the
Pink Fairies members playing and he lives in London; Mick's coming over
anyway; is it Andy Colqhun they can't get? Lame show anyway, it's not as
if they couldn't do something with a substitute even at this late date. I
reckon Larry Wallis should preview some of the new material and do some
stuff with Mick guesting, personally. I'm kind of hoping this occurs to
Oz-IT too. Yours,
                  Jon

--
           Jon Jarrett                     "Two men say they're Jesus,
          (01223 514989)                   One of 'em must be wrong..."