OFF: Pink Fairies

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Oct 2 20:19:16 EDT 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 00:29:32 +0100, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, ANDREW GARIBALDI wrote:
>
>> Not to be picky, but isn't it Mick Wayne, the guy from Juniors Eyes'?

>        I think you have the right of it. What became of him, why did he
>last so briefly with the Fairies? Because `Well Well Well' is a top song
>IMO.

Yes, it was Mick Wayne.  According to Larry Wallis (the mammoth interview
that ran in Forced Exposure about 15 years ago ... an absolutely essential
read for PF's/Deviants/Steve Took fans), he basically didn't fit in.
According to the interview, Larry was brought in to augment the
Wayne/Sanderson/Hunter lineup with some lead guitar muscle, but Mick was
more into, I guess, Status Quo-type stuff than stuff like "When's The Fun
Begin", so that four-piece lineup didn't last long.

I agree, though.  "Well Well Well" is a good tune, and its B-side, "Hold
On", wasn't bad, either.  Although "City Kids" stomps all over 'em (IMO).

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com