NIK: Photos...etc.

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Oct 2 23:26:55 EDT 2001

DR asked...

>>So can someone help me as to who everyone is here?  I'll start with what I
>>can guess....
>[snip list]
>>That's the best I could do.  I'm afraid I'm just not very good at
>>remembering faces and names, including even people I've met multiple times!
>
>Do you perhaps have scans of those pics? I don't have that Nik CD (yet)... :-|
>I could send you (or upload) some Helios Creed and/or Paul della Pelle
>photos for comparison if you like.

Alright, I've put up four of these at the URL below (I chose this yahoogroup
because I knew there was space there to house them, and it's my group, so
nobody's going to complain).  I only have a crap scanner, and so these
images are physically large (>500K) but yet have worse resolution than the
originals. Sorry.

http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/igrastaklenihperli/files/

Grakkl (FAA)

ObCD: Floralia, Vol. 3

P.S.  I got the new Marble Sheep in the mail the other day.  One listen only
- it's pretty decent actually. Worth the $10 at least.  Kinda short though -
around 38 min.  Lineup is: Ken Matsutani - V,G,Perc; Rie Miyazaki (F?) -
G,Perc; Akiko Takahashi (F; Also in Ars Nova?) - D,K,Perc; Hirokazu Furukawa
(F); Souichirou Nakamura - D,K,Perc.  The style is rawer, heavier guitar
stuff 'underneath' (compared to crap like 'Twiga'), but not like the crazed
over-the-top stuff of so many Japanese bands (incl. Marble Sheep Mk.
1)....there's plenty of melodies here too - rather like Calvert-fronted
Hawkwind songs, ummm...Kerb Crawler comes to mind.  Though of course it
doesn't *really* sound like Hawkwind, I just mean that sort of songstylings.

The other thing I got was the 3XCD Guru Guru, which I haven't listened to at
all.  I have the 2LP version (Live 98) which is excellent, so this has all
that, plus a couple tracks (it looks) that weren't on there, and then a
third disc of Live '71 stuff!  (I wonder if the sound quality is crap
though?)  Anyway, even if that one sucks, it's still a great deal at $25.