BOC-L Digest - Robert Ashcroft's letter

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Oct 3 13:12:11 EDT 2001

On 3 Oct 2001, at 15:27, dave evans wrote:

> re " The U.S.  was the first country born out of the Enlightenment"
>
> which would never have happened without Arabic science, btw

So I guess you've already booked your one-way ticket to the Middle
East?

> re "the US does not invade and hold territory."
>
> erm, hello?  would the names Vietnam, West Berlin,

Yeah, I bet the West Berliners really resented that brutal
occupation, esp. considering they could have had a worker's
paradise like their East Berlin brethren...

Grenada,

An invited intervention...

Japan etc

A conquered opponent who attacked us first.  I bet, had the
outcome of the war been different, the US would have gotten very
fair treatment from the Japanese.  Similar to that meted out to the
Koreans, Chinese, Burmese, etc...

All we did was rebuild the economy and infrastructure of a nation
that attacked us, with the result being their factories are now the
greatest in the world--except perhaps for Germany, another nation
exploited by the conquering Americans...

theo