DIVINE WIND VIDEO - CHECK IT OUT!!!!

Jean Lansford oystrgal at BELLSOUTH.NET
Fri Oct 5 20:53:10 EDT 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Jean-Charles Moriaud wrote:

>First let me say that I'm a true BOC fan. But I hate this video!

I have a problem with it, too. I was pretty much OK with it until
one of the last images.

>This video is racist and dangerous. Such an amalgam. All Muslims are not
>extremists. Just as all Americans are not KKK.

I didn't see anything in the video that suggested that. There are
extremists, and they have staged such protests. Did I miss
something about attacking Muslims who were going about peaceful
pursuits?

>We are happily surprised here that Mr. Bush seems to take his time to
>take his time. We didn't know he was even able to think! I thought that
>the US would bomb Afghanistan and call for a war against Muslims.

IOW, you assumed we are virulent racists.

>I am glad that it looks like things to come will be a little more subtle.

Again, you're making assumptions. There will be military action.

But it will be a part of a multi-pronged effort. Chasing the money
without going in after the ringleaders would be no different from
leaving the second Gulf War unfinished and praying that an embargo
would bring down the Iraqi government. But taking down bin Laden
and most of his lieutenants will mean nothing if we can't cut off
the money.

Dubya may not be a seasoned diplomat, but he has several by his
side as advisors. And he is smart enough to listen to them.

>These towers were beautiful, but so arrogant.

Ah. Then these days, the world's most arrogant people would be the
Malaysians, yes?

>They symbolized the power
>of finance that ruled the planet until now. Millions of people around
>the world are starving, millions of sq meters of forests are dying,
>millions of people are slaves because of what was decided by innocent
>people that worked in these towers. Think!

You're sounding dangerously like Jerry Falwell, now. This violence
is our fault?

Perhaps we should go a little further back into history. It's very
easy to make an equally valid argument that all the things you are
complaining about are the legacy of British and French colonialism.

>I don't remember to see a video like this one about children dying in
>Iraq because of the US embargo.

US embargo? Check your history. It was our Coalition partners who
insisted that we stop our military offensive short of Baghdad.
Bush Sr. took a lot of heat here for not finishing the job when he
had the chance.

BTW, the embargo was supposed to have provisions for getting food
and medicines into Iraq. Guess who isn't interested in getting
those supplies to the people who need them?

I'll tell you what Dubya's rhetoric sounds like here. We're not
going to toy with these people any longer. We're not going to play
the restrained, benign giant any longer. And we're through fighting
our battles through proxies.

And most of all, we're done with depending on other nations to make
our decisions for us. Yes, we're coalition-building again. But
we'll go it alone if we have to. Either way, this time we're
finishing the job.

--
Jean Lansford
oystrgal at bellsouth.net

We must put excited feeling away. Our motive will not be revenge
or the victorious assertion of the physical might of the nation,
but only the vindication of right, of human right, of which we
are only a single champion.
 - Woodrow Wilson, War Messages, 2 April 1917