BRAIN: The Surgeons in Raleigh

albert bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Oct 5 22:30:22 EDT 2001

>          Hmm. Maybe this is just too sneaky but I remember that shortly
>before that someone posted an AOL chat with Eric and Buck to the list in
>which Eric said they were considering working one of the old tunes up (I
>shout for `Donovan's Monkey' :-)), which of course so far they haven't
>done. I just wonder if Al saw that and decided he'd beat them to it. If
>you were going to do that of course, you'd kind of have to pick the one
>that BOC had used for the title of the last album but which isn't on it,
>now, wouldn't you?

I didn't see Eric and Buck's comments and wasn't trying to beat them
to it (wouldn't be hard now would it? as they tend to procrastinate)
but yes, I thought it ironic that they picked that title and wanted
folks to hear the song of the same name live.

>          I still can't figure out how to arrange CotHM for a three-piece
>anyway. I can't see how it works without both piano and guitar lines. I
>have too little imagination and no chance to see tBS do it :-( Yours,

Not hard - driving rhythm guitar (a la John) simple smashing drums (a
la Ringo) and some melodic motion in the bass (a la Paul) lay in a
country style lead break (a la George) and you have it, perfection!
Now if I could only get George and John to play at the same time. ;-)
Al