FW: Hawkwind domain

Jeff P jperkins at MAILCITY.COM
Fri Oct 5 23:36:45 EDT 2001

Well, the wording used is a clear indication that a lawyer has got involved.
It is hard to imagine that there hasn't been some sort of gradual escalation
of tensions going on over some issues that should have been able to be
worked out between friends.

The wording sent to .com was inflammatory, subtle as sledgehammers.

I can understand the band wishing to have control of the .com site but has
the right message gone to the right person? Current Hawkwind members may
have a majority of the membership of the EBS but that does not seem to be
sufficient to get it to do anything. If EBS can't bring out cd's these days
then getting it to organise it's web site is an unlikely proposition.

Surely this is the result of a lack of communication and now a lack of
willingness to communicate and cooperate between the band's camp and Doug
Smith's.

I think those maintaining the .com site have found themselves the target for
the message which was born from frustrations with another party but which
from a legal perspective must be aimed at those running the site.

.com may keep people informed of the activities of ex-members who are no
longer in the good books (but many of whom very very very recently were).
But I would expect this of a fan site. As a Hawkwind fan I want to know
about the various incarnations of Nikwind, just as I was grateful for the
Dave Anderson releases (the first time around).

There should be a better resolution to this than people who should be
friends getting upset with each other and turning to lawyers who just make
matters worse (and more expensive) this is not a fight over the vastly
successful Hawkwind commercial empire, there must be better things to do
with the money like maybe putting out some music and making people happy.

Jeff