HW: .com

dhuggins dhuggins at HYPERNOVA.NET
Sat Oct 6 02:49:24 EDT 2001

Andy,

I hear your pain.  It sure would have been nice if they asked you in a less
legalistic fashion.  Mehinks I smell Dougie's hand in this one.  However,
to be honest, I am surprised they didn't ask for the domain name before now.

As far as the Nik gig thing, I am not interested at all in seeing him right
now, and given his shenanigans (there's that word again;) I find it hard to
blame the HW crew.  He sure as shit poisoned the water here in the US at
some good venues by touring under a misleading name (leading one to believe
- as many going to the gig did - that it was "Hawkwind" and not Nik Turner
and friends) and the HW management had to threaten legal action.  I enjoyed
the gig, but it definitely wasn't HW and  face it, Nik is NOT Hawkwind.  He
flits in, then goes away, and then comes back at will.   Dave for 20 years,
along with Ali, Richard, and HUW (bout 10 years each) , are the ones that
have been holding it together since Nik was in the band
permanently.  Besides, Nik sounds like Nik, and Dave et all "sound" like HW.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dave